Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And the buzzwords are...

Like everyday, I got up early today at 5:45 AM. I opened the main gate of my house, and bent down to pick up the newspaper which the vendor had just thrown. As soon as, I turned to go back inside, I saw an old man stretching himself, getting ready to go for his daily chores. I wandered where he was up to in this early morning. Though, I had seen him quite often coming at the same time, passing by my house. But, to see anyone in this early morning and that too in a chilly winter was a suicidal attempt. But, then I realized that if someone has to earn his living then the person doesn’t need to see the weather. It has been so many times that I see many rickshaw pullers driving their customers while it was raining heavily. They were just not worried about themselves getting wet; instead their only worry at that time was to drop their customer to their respective location as quickly as possible, and that too maybe for a penny. That’s “Commitment” and “Dedication”. They are committed towards their customers, and dedicated towards their work. These words may sounds meaningless these days, and few people might even question me upon this. But, the real fact is that these words play an important part in our lives. Its not that we should only be committed and dedicated towards our work. Whatever we do, whether it is into learning a new thing such a musical instrument, spending time with our family members or spouse, or doing something for the national interest. All these things and much more require some sort of “commitment” and “dedication”.

Some people might even ask me that how it that how we stay is committed towards a task in hand or how can we stay committed while spending time with our family members. And, the answer is fairly simple, you just need to do few simple things which you know but you tend to forget.

So, stay committed and dedicated while new year rises....

No comments: